Does anyone else love finding healthier alternatives to your sweet tooth cravings? I know that I definitely do and it makes the guilt a little more bearable! I decided to attempt a flourless brownie with some ripened bananas and a few other ingredients I had on hand. This turned out to be a variation of most of the flourless brownie recipes that are already out there and a tasty treat that is both toddler and hubby approved. Sounds like a win win to me! My husband described them as “a mix between a brownie and a no-bake cookie.”
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Makes 8-12 squares
• 1 Cup oats
• 4 ripened bananas
• 1/4 Cup cacao powder
• 1/2 Cup nut butter
• 1 tsp maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix together all of your ingredients (minus the maple syrup).
3. Prepare a baking dish or loaf pan with non stick spray and then parchment paper over top.
4. Spoon in your mixture and spread evenly.
5. Drizzle the maple syrup on top and bake for 25-30 minutes.
6. Let cool before cutting and serving. The brownies will seem undercooked until they have time to cool and set up. Cutting and serving will be easier if you lift them all out of your pan with the parchment paper before hand.
Love Always, K